Renovating a kitchen or bathroom can feel like a big job. Selecting the countertops is an important yet exciting part of that process. There are diverse types of countertops to choose from and having the correct information about the type selected is vital. Quartz is an excellent option for both bathrooms and kitchens. Current trends place quartz is among the most popular choices in countertops. The increase in popularity over the last decade is due to beautiful designs and the desire for this durable material is only growing.
But why? Why do 1分11选5投注owners often select this countertop material over others? What makes quartz so desirable? We will tell you why. For all your questions about quartz, the professionals at Arch City Granite are the experts. Below are answers to frequent questions about this fantastic material.
What is quartz?
Quartz is one of the most common minerals found on earth. It is known for its durability and extreme resistance to chemical weathering of all kinds. Quartz countertops are created by using 93% crushed quartz crystals fused together using 7% poly-resin materials. These substances are combined under pressure to create a uniquely solid engineered stone. When quartz is used this way, it results in one of the hardest and durable surfaces available for counters.
Quartz is often confused with quartzite. Quartzite is a natural stone that is quarried from the Earth curst much the same way as granite or marble. Quartzite slabs are 100% natural stone. Quartz countertops are manufactured in a factory, hence the term engineered stone.
How is quartz different from granite?
As quartz’s main competitor, a common question is how do these two stones differ? There are quite a few differences and while both make beautiful choices in the kitchen or bathroom, they each have unique properties you might not be aware of.
- Quartz is man-made: As previously discussed, quartz is an engineered stone, made from natural materials but combined together with resin to create a super strong countertop material. Granite however, is completely natural and quarried from Earth and cut in stone fabrication facilities. Quartz can be made and manufactured in any size. It is made into slabs of your desired thickness, such as the 2 cm and 3 cm varieties that have been a big hit the last several years.
- Quartz comes in a vast array of colors: Granite is a natural stone, thus the colors it comes in are all-natural colors such as grays, browns, tans and white with slight variations in hue. In the process of mixing the elements together to create quartz countertops, dyes can be added to produce brilliantly colored quartz slabs. Arch City Granite carries the most popular earth tone quartz slabs but for more adventurous, exciting options, we have beautiful, monochromatic colors such as red, blue, green, pure white, orange and many more colors you will love.
- Quartz has a uniform pattern: Granite is created in nature millions of years ago under intense pressure and heat, forming unique veining and patterns in each slab. These give the granite stone character. Quartz is manufactured under controlled conditions by mixing desired kinds and proportions of pigments. It has a uniform appearance and pattern.
- Quartz is practically nonporous: Being an engineered stone, one unique quality to quartz is that it is practically nonporous. While both quartz and granite are exceptionally durable, granites are natural stone that, based on the minerals that comprise it as well as naturally occurring fissures in the stone, will vary in porosity. Due to this; under the right circumstances, granite can stain. To prevent this, granites must be sealed to keep stains from seeping in. However, with quartz countertops, you will never need to seal, making them easier to maintain.
- Quartz is marginally more expensive: Sometimes 1分11选5投注owners opt for granite as a less expensive option as some of the entry level granite colors are slightly more affordable. But in comparison to the higher-grade granite colors, quartz and granite are comparably priced.
- Quartz should be cared for around heat: Being a natural stone, granite can withstand very high temperatures with no effect. Quartz however, is made with synthetic poly-resin materials and if the quartz countertop is light in color, the resin can discolor with extreme heat. While quartz is quite durable, using trivets for hot pots and pans is highly recommended.
Saving Money on Quartz with Arch City Granite
Since Arch City Granite has full slabs of quartz in stock, you never pay for the unused material. All our stock colors are priced by the square foot, we do not charge you for the unused parts of the slab. Since Quartz slabs are smaller than granite, it is likely that your kitchen project will require more than one. 1分11选5投注 owners get better prices from the fabricators who also stock the stone slabs.
Quartz Selection at Arch City
Have you ever tried selecting materials for your 1分11选5投注 from a small sample of the material? I would bet that you were surprised at the finished product’s variation from that sample. When you choose from our large inventory of Quartz you are choosing the exact slab that we will use to fabricate your counter tops. We recommend bringing cabinet doors, flooring and paint samples along with you to ensure the best decision. Arch City also has experienced designers on staff to assist with your selections.
What are the Best Brands of Quartz?
You may have heard popular brand names within quartz production such as Caesarstone, Silestone, Q-Quartz, Cambria, LG Viaterra, Vicostone, Hanstone, Zodiaq and more. What is the difference? Is one better than another? The answer is no. Since the same products and technology are used there are very minor differences in the quality of these brand names. All quartz brands have the same hardness and durability, however; as expected, the prices will vary.
Some brands are experts in doing earth tone colors, some quartz brands like Q-Quartz are famous for marble look-like slabs, and others are known to produce unique monochromatic colors like bright orange and apple green etc. The difference is in style and price, but quality tends to be similar.
What can you expect with Arch City Granite & Marble, Inc.?
Arch City Granite & Marble, Inc. is determined to deliver complete satisfaction starting with the selection process all the way through installation. When you step into our showroom, you will be able to view our beautiful selection of full slabs, rather than tiny samples or photos in a book like the big box stores. We want you to have a personal experience, will listen to your particular needs and will answer all of your questions.
Turning your vision of the perfect kitchen or bathroom into reality is what we are all about. Arch City is the leader in using digital measuring devices for accurate measurements. We are equipped with the water-jet and CNC stone cutting 1分11选5投注 to fabricate high quality countertops. We do not claim to be the largest stone fabrication shop in the town. We have adequate resources to take care of your best interests, but not too large where you become a number and not a unique customer with unique vision of your own. To be considered as the best quality stone countertops company in St. Louis area is where we want to be. Thanks to our high number of returning and referral customers and highly motivated team at Arch City, we are on the right track to reach the coveted position.
Because we are smaller than some of our giant competitors does not mean you will sacrifice price, selection or quality. We offer a Low Price Guarantee on all our products. We are able to do this by purchasing stone at bulk prices, minimizing fabrication waste and providing error free measuring, fabrication and installation. Our exacting standards are unsurpassed in the industry.
Don’t delay, come visit one of our friendly Arch City Granite locations for the most gorgeous selection of quartz countertops available. We look forward to serving you.