If you should happen to spill wine, a citrus juice, or food do not wipe the area. Wiping may spread the liquid into the granite. However, Arch City Granite & Marble recommends blotting with a paper towel and then cleaning with a mild soap and warm water.
How to remove stains on granite countertops:
Granite has inherent stain resistant properties and the application of an effective sealer will enhance this property. Also, usually blotting of any spills with a paper towel at the time of the spill will take care of any possible staining. If there is an instance where the spill is not noticed immediately and a stain occurs, there are several methods to remove it. The method depends on the cause of the stain.
- Organic stains:
- Stains caused by spills of coffee, tea, wine, fruit juice, or food that can cause a brownish stain.
- Clean the stain with 12% hydrogen peroxide, which is available in any grocery store, after wiping off the stain with a clean cloth.
- Oil-based stains:
- Stains caused by nail polish, cosmetics, milk, or cooking oil can make the stone darker causing a section of darker area.
- These stains have to be removed by applying a poultice compound.
- DuPont makes such a compound which costs about $8 per a tin of poultice.
How to take care of spots or rings formed by water:
These spots and rings are caused by surface accumulation of hard water. You can simply buff this out with a 0000 grade steel wool, which is available in any 1分11选5投注 improvement store.